An associate in the firm’s Manhattan Beach office, Nick has litigation experience in both California and Federal courts, and represents clients ranging from large corporations to small businesses and individuals in an array of complex commercial disputes. His practice focuses on representing insureds in all states of litigation from pre-litigation disputes to appellate matters. Nick has experience litigating insurance disputes relating to property damage, property disputes, cyber-crime and breaches, employment disputes, personal injury, and product liability under a variety of types of policies.
Nick specialized in Civil Litigation and Advocacy while at Loyola Law School, graduating with honors from the Civil Litigation and Advocacy Concentration and earning a spot on the Dean’s List in his second and third years. At Loyola Law, Nick participated in the Hobbs Clinic and represented Loyola Law at the Tulane Law Major League Baseball Arbitration Competition. Before law school, Nick studied History and Political Science at Trinity University in San Antonio, Texas, graduating cum laude. While at Trinity, Nick played baseball for four years and was voted captain by his teammates for two of those years.
Nick has written on a number of subjects including insurance coverage for cyber breaches and cyber crime.
- “DFS Case Shows Insurance Ramifications of Cyber Breaches,” Law360 (Aug. 25, 2020)
- “Virus, Disease Exclusions May Be Unenforceable. Daily Journal. (June 11, 2020)
- “Iran’s Cyber Threats Are a Reminder to Review Your Cyber Insurance Coverage,” Lexology (Jan. 13, 2020)
- “Three Insurance Coverage Cases to Monitor on the Eve of the California Consumer Privacy Act,” Lexology (Dec. 22, 2019)
- “Illinois Cases May Instruct Insurance Suits Over California Privacy Law,” Law360 (Dec. 19, 2019)
- CIPP-US (Certified Information Privacy Professional-US) by the IAPP (International Association of Privacy Professionals)
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
Loyola Law School (J.D., 2017)
Trinity University (B.A History, 2012 cum laude)